FREE CASE EVALUATION: +1 (415) 965 2258                                        Email us: co*****@th***********.com

Close this search box.

What Should I do if I have been Affected by Camp Lejeune Water Contamination?


Camp Lejeune Water Contamination – Did you spend 30 days at Marine Corps Base (MCB), Camp Lejeune, or Marine Corps Air Station New River (MCAS) between August 1953 and December 1987? It is possible that you were exposed to contaminated waters.

Imagine that you were one of Camp Lejeune’s water contamination victims. It is beneficial to consult a lawyer familiar with all details. While recovering from your condition, a Camp Lejeune water contamination lawyer may help you.

There are Compensation Programs Available

For presumptive medical problems listed in SS 3.309(f),an affected person may be eligible for veterans’ benefits. This coverage covers eight conditions that are service-related disabilities regardless of when they were diagnosed.

Families of service personnel may be eligible for benefits under the Caring for Camp Lejeune Families Act of 2012, which also approves additional programs. Because of the contamination’s nature, more damage will be discovered over time.

To improve coverage for service personnel and families, the legislature is currently working on the Camp Lejeune Justice Act of 2022.

Who qualifies for Presumptive Benefits?

If you were a member of the National Guard or a former reservist or member of the National Guard and served at Camp Lejeune for 30 days or more, you may be eligible for benefits. You must have done between August 1, 1953, and December 31, 1987. Reservists who are only present for a few days or two weeks may be allowed to count cumulative service days.

Also, you must have been discharged with a clean record.

Presumptive Diseases

Although the diagnosis can occur years after service is over, these presumptive diseases could be treated as service-connected in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) purposes:

  • Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
  • Leukemia in adulthood
  • Parkinson’s disease
  • Aplastic anemia (or other myelodysplastic disorders)
  • Multiple myeloma
  • Kidney cancer
  • Liver cancer
  • Bladder cancer

Learn more about the health hazards of Camp Lejeune’s water contamination.It is beneficial to speak with someone familiar with the benefits process.

Apply for Presumptive Benefits

You must provide proper documentation to prove that you are eligible to claim benefits from the government for any claims. Presumptive benefits require you to:

  • Your military records must include at least 30 days of service between August 1953 to December 1987. Active duty, National Guard, or Reserves can all be considered service.
  • Medical Records that document the diagnosis of an illness as per the presumptive condition list.

You can file online with the Department of Veterans Affairs if you prefer. A veteran service officer (VSO) or a regional VA office can assist you.

You may need further assistance if you are still getting familiar with the process of filing claims.

What about the Families?

Some diseases may allow them to be reimbursed for their care. They may have to pay co-pays or other fees that VA does not cover. Family members are eligible for reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses for treatment for any of the 15 conditions listed under the Caring for Camp Lejeune Families Act of 2012

To be eligible for these benefits, family members must submit documentation. These documents are required if you want to apply for coverage.

  • You must prove your relationship with a qualified Veteran. These documents could include marriage licenses or birth certificates.
  • Documentation proving base residency. Documentation proving 30 days of residency on-base between August 1, 1953, and December 31, 1987. These records could include copies of assignment orders or base housing records.
  • Keep track of your healthcare expenses. Reimbursement is available for all care received after August 6, 2012, for residents who lived on Camp Lejeune from January 1, 1957, to December 31, 1987. Residents who resided between August 1, 1953, and December 31, 1956, may be eligible for reimbursement.

What happens if you can’t find your records?

You can follow a few steps if you have been affected by Camp Lejeune’s water contamination. First, you must file your claim without any evidence. When that happens, the Department of Defense (DOD) will try to locate documentation to support your claim. The search might take longer and delay the review of your application.

There are many ways to start the application process. You can complete the online application, print it, copy it, and send it via regular mail. Keep the originals of all documentation you have and attach them to your files. VA can provide additional information and clarification. For assistance, 573-464-6698 may be called.

A law firm familiar with claims filings can help you if you need help but don’t want government assistance. A good law firm will help you find and compile the evidence and then file the necessary forms to speed up your claims process.

Get medical treatment

You can protect your claim for benefits by adhering to your treatment plan. Your health is paramount if you have been affected by Camp Lejeune water pollution. You could endanger your health by delaying treatment. VA expects you to continue with your treatment plan as long as you receive benefits.

We will also need medical documentation to show that your qualifying condition is related to your service at Camp Lejeune.

For assistance in obtaining benefits, Call The Justice Now Today.

Justice Now has a water contamination team that can help you if the thought of wading through complex legislation, filling out forms, and compiling documentation is overwhelming. Our team is experienced in the process and can help you navigate it. 

For a free consultation, Click here, We will review your claim and discuss how we can assist you.

No Win, No Fee Guarantee

Get Free Consultation from our expert lawyers, that can help you get compensation

Call Us +1 530-201-4340

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Sharing is caring.. ?


Get Your compensation now, before it gets too late

The fee is free, you only pay when you win. Get Free Consultation from our expert lawyers.

Free Consultation?

Fill out your details and we will get back to you as soon as possible.